Rasul Barrage was constructed in 1968 and has a discharge capacity of 24070 cubic meter per second. Water is diverted from this point to Chenab River at Qadirabad through Rasul-Qadirabad link canal
Nandana Fort is situated on a hilltop near Baghanwala some 22 Kilometers east of Pind Dadan Khan. It first finds a mention in the time of Mehmood Ghaznavi who in 1008 A.D. conquered it. Nandana,
located 14 miles west of Choa Saidan Shah
The historical monuments including the Fort of Mong, which relate Mandi Bahauddin region to before the Christ era, are in a shambles and urgently need to be revived to keep alive the relics of Alexander the Great in Pakistan,
Chillianwala was fought during the Second Anglo-Sikh War in the Chillianwala region of Punjab (Mandi Bahauddin), now part of modern-day Pakistan. The battle was one of the bloodiest fought by the British East India Company. Both armies held their positions at the end of the battle and both sides claimed victory. The battle was a strategic check to immediate British ambitions in India and a shock to British military prestige.
The railway bridge of Haranpur is a very beautiful example of the old railway bridges made of iron, constructed during the British government. It was probably constructed in 1890s and was once went under renovation or repair in 1936. It is also known as Victoria Bridge. It is piece of wonderful engineering, worth watching. Scenery is also beautiful with river Jhelum flowing underneath. I visited it on 18th March, 2009, on the Haranpur side. With big green trees all around, the atmosphere is very serene. Good place for a picnic. It is located about 35 kms from Lilla Interchange on M2, at 32° 34' 52" N, 73° 09' 30" E.
The most astonishing and interesting characteristic of this village is a long and deep grave believed to be that of Hazrat Haam, son of Hazrat Noah -- the second prophet according to Islam from eleventh generation of Adam. Hazrat Haam was one of the three sons who accompanied him in the Ark.
The salient feature of this grave is its 78 ft. length. The grave has now been transformed into a tomb covered by a green cloth and an epitaph erected with 'Hazrat Ham Ibn-e-Noah' engraved on it. This tomb is 42 inches high from the surface of the earth covered with ancient and expensive marble. A huge tree and a stream along the grave enhance the mysterious image of the place.
A 16TH Century Monument Built By Sher Shah Suri --- A UNESCO World Culture Heritage.
The Rohtas fort lies sprawling upon a low rocky hill north of Jhelum in a bend of the river Ghan (mostly spelled as Kahan). It occupies an uneven piece of land cut up by deep mountain torrents of which the ChandWali Kas and Parnata Kas are the most important. The eastern wall of the Anderkot follows the edge of the former whereas the corresponding walls the outer fort follows that of the latter.